Monday 9 July 2007

Metalliclaw

Another day, another gig... this time we got to visit Wembley Stadium in London to see some band called METALLICA.


So we went to Wembley stadium yesterday morning, set off from Liverpool at about 8am and arrived in London for about half 11. Not bad timing. The Metallica gig was great, excellent weather throughout the day a good line-up too, and as a bonus we got to see the new Wembley Stadium as well. What a place that is.


Support on this day was from HIM, Machine Head and Mastodon. I wasn't there to see any of them so I didn't pay that much attention, sorry. I took a look at MASTODON though, they were pretty good. They played a set at Donington earlier this year (when me and PATCHIE sneaked in there without tickets) but we turned up late and only caught the back end of their set. So it was good to finally see them properly. I used to be into MACHINE HEAD when I was a lad, but I guess my musical tastes have changed somewhat in the meantime. I am not a big fan of American frontmen shouting "LET ME HEAR YA!" every 5 minutes during a gig, so Rob Flinn definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

Metallica's setlist (at a guess):

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Kirk Solo #1
Sad But True
Disposable Heroes
Kirk Solo #2
The Unforgiven
And Justice for All
The Memory Remains
The Four Horsemen
Rob Solo
Orion - Whoa!!!!
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Kirk Solo #3
Battery
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy


Apologies to PATCHIE and SKUM for nearly falling asleep at the wheel and killing us all on the M6 during the drive home. I don't mind doing that kind of stuff when I am driving on my own because at least then it's only me and my life that gets disrupted. It's a different matter when there's other people in the car and I start tripping balls from lack of sleep. Sorry guys.

No comments: