Friday 7 March 2008

Turisas, Liverpool, 5th March 2008

Bit of a mad review here guys; Wednesday I was working until 9.30pm, and earlier on in the evening SJW phoned me to tell me that Turisas were playing at the Liverpool Academy (NotI supporting Stiff Little Fingers as the picture above suggests, but playing in a different part of the building) and did I fancy it?
I'd not heard them before, and nothing could have really prepared me for it!
THey are basically a sort of power metal type band, dressed in viking style outfits, with a fiddle player and a seventeen year old girl on the squeezebox.
No really.
They wear battle paint and stuff; I've never seen anything like it, but I enjoyed it immensely.
It was completely full in there, all the crowd were really enjoying themselves.
Some of them had taken the spirit of the night to heart and come dressed in full battle regalia and war paint, waving battle axes, swords and staffs in the air!
Capes were the order of the day, I saw one cape with an embroidered Mjolnir design on the back.

Great fun, but as it was so busy in there we couldn't get any decent photos, so here's a clip of the gig I found on YouTube:

No comments: