Friday 21 March 2008

Weedeater / Stinking Lizaveta / Rise To Thunder Manchester 20 March 2008

Last night we went along to see Rise to Thunder, Stinking Lizaveta and Weedeater at the Star and Garter in Manchester.

I'll add more to this when SJW gets around to either sending me the other photos or writes his own review :)Weedeater are fucking nuts. Opening with a killer one-two of God Luck and Good Speed (surely the best songtitle ever) and Wizard Fight, they didn't let up for a minute.
Swigging from a bottle of Southern Comfort (and cans of 'berg), Dixie Dave kept going all cross-eyed and stuff whilst belting out the songs at the top of his lungs.
or the bottom of his lungs; wherever it is that you actually belt stuff out from.
It's all one big blur of a sludge-buzz-fest in my mind now, but Gimme Back My Bullets was great.
I'm thinking of phoning in sick tomorrow so I can get to Leeds to see them there.....

No comments: