Sunday 16 August 2009

Bloodstock 2009 - Live Report

Hello from Derbyshire!

How's the world treating you gang? SJW here, sitting in the media tent at Bloodstock with my lovely lady by my side... we're here checking out the cider in the VIP tent. Oh and there's some bands on here too, haha.

BLITZKRIEG


The weekend started off well... on Friday morning. Yes, we have 3 day weekends here in England. Blitzkrieg got the ball rolling good and proper with a wonderful set of 80s NWOBHM riffs. Indeed, they played *that* song.

MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD


Never heard these guys before, for my sins. A bit too "nu metal" for THEE CLAW, but I was impressed by their set. Think they are Irish maybe? I am ignorant as hell here, heh. Check Million $ Reload out, one for the future maybe.

ENTOMBED


Been waiting for a chance to see LG and the guys for some time now. They only had a 30 minute slot here (they played at about 3pm, such a waste of a great headline act!). Half way through the show LG threw his setlist out to the crowd and the wind blew it directly into my hand. It was as follows:

Satan (Intro)
Serpent Saints
Eye For An Eye
W.I.S.
D.D.D.
Like This w/ Devil
C.R.A.
Demon
Wolverine Blues
Out Of Hand
Masters Of Death

I'm reading that directly from the setlist, so see if you can work out what those shortened names mean for me ok!

I will post up a few more photos when I get back to Claw Towers ok.

We also checked out a fair few bands in the unsigned acts tent. The Bloodstock oraganisers have gone out of their way to promote a huge stack of new and upcoming talent at the 2009 B.O.A... good on em that's what we say! We were especially impressed by THE GODS OF HELLFIRE, a band from Bradford / Rochdale. They're a 5 piece act and I've got hold a copy of their demo here which I will review once back home. Great stuff, very high impact metal act.

Ok, today is the final day of bands so I better get out there and soak up the final few hours of heavy mattel that is on offer! Today's line-up includes BEHOLDER, SABATON, GIRLSCHOOL, EQUILIBRIUM, ANATHEMA, TURISAS, MOONSPELL, AMON AMARTH, SATYRICON and headliners EUROPE! Haha, that's is going to be so much fun, Europe showing the heavy rock world how it's done properly. Go on, Joey Tempest lad!!

No comments: