Saturday 13 December 2008

2 new dates... and a rant...

AC/DC's tour of the uk in april is all sold out.
2 new dates have been added for the end of june.
June 26th at Wembley Stadium London and June 30th at Hampden Park Glasgow.
Tickets are out on wednesday 17th december.
Way to kick us when we're down lads, yeah, wait right 'til fucking christmas when I'm skint on the pure bones of my arse and announce your dates 5 days before tickets go on sale, really fucking tempting but I don't think I'll bother. Could have waited 'til the new year but Nooooo.
I've been watching videos from the current tour and they've gone down the "downtune to save the singers voice" route and they sound terrible for it, really half arsed and slower, plodding on and also their setlist isn't really inspiring, mostly compiled of all the same usual predictable tunes that they cram into a two hour show, mostly back in black songs, the same old 5 bon scott era songs, the rest is new stuff and nothing else from the 80's, it's a pity cos Flick Of The Switch, Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video are fucking excellent albums, under-rated is an understatement.
I read a good quote on blabbermouth.net when Black Ice came out, "If your band is taking 8 years to bring out an album and tour then it's over, finished, done, gone, out, etc..." and it really hurts me to say that AC/DC might just be done.
I'm glad I got to see them on a few past tours cos they really were amazing live, all good things come to an end I suppose, Such a shame.

No comments: