Thursday 29 November 2012

My writings have often praised William, but for this act I can only condemn him....

"I persecuted the native inhabitants of England beyond all reason. Whether nobles or commons, I cruelly oppressed them; many I unjustly disinherited; innumerable multitudes, especially in the county of York, perished through me by famine and sword…I am stained with the rivers of blood that I have shed."
One of our favourite English bands, Wiht, are releasing their The Harrowing of the North, on clear vinyl on 2013, courtesy of Devouter Records.

  Taking influence thematically from the subjugation of the North of England by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, The Harrowing of the North tells the troubled history of doomsday-era Yorkshire- the king massacred it's people and destroyed the land to ensure it held no economic or cultural worth and would remain under his subservient rule.(from Wiht's bandcamp)

Pre-order one of 300 limited copies from the website today.

Wiht previously recorded an 2-track album called The Harrowing of the North in 2011, which you can hear over on their bandcamp page.
The 2013 release will also include an unreleased bonus track, End of the Reign, the last track the band recorded together.

No comments: